The ST-MD4-xx-yy from Interactive Technologies is a member of their 2-Wire Digital CueStation lineup. This station contains 4 0.5" buttons. Panel color is selectable, LEDs can be selected between programmable-RGB and no LEDs.
CueStation is a family of button stations for use in lighting, automation, show control and custom control projects. Available in many hundreds of semicustom configurations, including button styles, colors, engraving, passive switches or digitally controlled and much more. Use with CueServer installations or for custom projects of almost any kind.
The CueStation 2-Wire network is one of three different network topologies available for CueStations. It allows up to 16 CueStations to be wired together using a simple 2-conductor polarity-free and topology-free network. The 2-Wire network carries both power and data to each of the stations. Both the Mystique and Ultra families of CueStations are available with 2-Wire network technology. Use with the ST-HUB CueStation Network Hub to power and control 2-Wire CueStations and/or to interface with a CueServer system.
Wiring - The 2-Wire CueStation Bus uses a 2-conductor 18 AWG cable (Belden 9740 or similar) to carry both power and data to and from each station location. The network is both topology free (meaning a random combination of “star” and “daisy-chain” connections may be used) and polarity free (meaning it does not matter if the conductors are reversed at any station).
NOTE: Use of inferior cable types may seriously degrade performance, especially on longer cable runs.
Configuration - Every station connected to a Hub must be assigned a unique station address from 1 through 64. Also, the number of physical buttons on the station must be properly selected. These assignments are made by setting DIP Switches on the back of the station. View the DIP Switches so that the writing on the switches is upright. There are two banks of 8 switches. The bank of 8 on the left side are the option switches. The bank of 8 on the right side are the address switches.
Interactive Technologies ST-MD8 Series Features:
- Low-cost, high-performance 2 conductor button station network
- Polarity-free network does not require separate + and - signals
- Topology-free network allows stations to be wired in either a “star” or “daisy-chained” manner, or a combination of both
- Individually controllable RGB indicator for each button can display 7 colors, 4 brightnesses and 6 flashing patterns
- Maximum of 16 stations on a single 2-wire network
- Maximum cable distance to farthest station is 500 feet (150m)
- Maximum total cable length 1000 feet (300m)
- Requires 18AWG twisted pair cable (Belden 9740 or similar)
- Uses CueStation Hub as power controller interface
- Interfaces with CueServer via CueStation Hub